Monday, July 21, 2008

The Worlds Biggest Time Saver - Grocery Shopping ONLINE

I don't know why I never heard of this.
I don't know why I never thought this existed
I don't know why there aren't banner ads promoting this service

But I got to tell you.... as a mother of three small children, being able to place my order online, then drive to the store.... wait in my car while the personal shoppers stack the grocery bags filled with food in the back of my mini-van.... never leaving my car! I pay. I check to make sure the kids are still buckled up and I head home. Start to finish.... about 15 minutes (of course your travel time may vary)

In my town there are online grocery shopping options:
Stop and Shop (which is actually http://www.peapod.com/)
Shop rite

Peapod actually delivers the groceries to your kitchen. The truck shows up, he carries all the bags in (including the cases of water and soda... ahhhhhh) and puts them right on the kitchen counter (or in my case, on the kitchen table, because my counters are always cluttered.

I stopped using peapod because it was a little expensive and not as convenient for me. It requires a little planning. You have to order your food at least a day in advance. ME? I keep thinking I'll get to the store, and it's not until I'm out of milk that I force myself to consider my options.

Ordering from peapod is easy, but like I said, you need to be able to schedule the delivery for at least 24 hours later.

Shop rite also delivers, they don't have a big fancy truck... they have a guy in a mini-van (or at least the one by me has a mini-van) But it's an additional $20.00 to your order.

HOWEVER, it's only an additional $10.00 to have the personal shopper pull your food, pack it in bags and place it in your car... only $10.00 extra to have a weeks worth of shopping done for you! AND... they only need about 5-6 hours to put it all together.

So, for instance, yesterday about 8:00am I realized that I need to go shopping, I realized that I had a lot of other things to do and I realized that I just didn't have the patience to spend an hour in the supermarket with all the kids... I spent about 30 minutes shopping (I always check the sales circular first... ) then I placed my order and scheduled the pick up for 3:30pm THAT SAME DAY!

My personal shopper called at 1:30 to tell me there were a few things they didn't have in stock and ask if I wanted substitutions... and by 2:00 I was on the way to the grocery store to pick up my order; by 2:12 I was headed back home. ahhhhhh life is good!

Here are some links to sites that provide home delivery and pick up
http://www.peapod.com/
http://www.shoprite.com/
https://www.acmemarkets.com/
http://shop.safeway.com/superstore/default.asp?brandid=1&page=corphome
http://shop.waldbaums.com/
http://shop.apsupermarket.com/#1+0+H+N+N
and Kings is currently developing their online shopping program.

As is true with most of the world... those that could most use the services... will find they aren't available in your area. However, you may also find that if you shop... "outside the box" , (go to a different grocery store, or one that is slightly farther away) you may be able to take advantage of the online shopping.

I'm very lucky, I have several stores that offer the services in several convenient locations (since I'm the shop online, pick up the groceries kind of shopper) You will need to determine if any of the stores near you offer the service... you may be surprised!

First, check the web for your favorite grocery store.

See if they list "online shopping"

Then use the store locator to find the closest participating store in your area!

Be WARNED, once you use this service.... you will be hooked.

Have a great day! I look forward to your comments.

No comments:

How to Start a Freelance Career

Work at Home and Earn an Excellent Income

Imagine being able to work from your own home, doing a job you love, and getting paid handsomely for doing it. Wouldn't that be great?

Well, the good news is that this is not just a fantasy. It is a prospect that is well within your reach. Today, millions of people worldwide have established highly-successful careers as freelance professionals. Writers, designers, programmers and many other home-based consultants have discovered that freelancing offers the perfect combination of freedom, creativity, flexibility and profitability.

So do you need years of experience and fantastic qualifications to join these lucky people? Not at all. You just need a skill that you can offer to potential clients, and the willingness to learn how to run a home-based business.

Of course, the biggest challenge for new freelancers is finding enough work to justify giving up a day job. How can you be sure that you will keep yourself busy with lucrative work? This used to be a concern, but thanks to the advent of the Internet, things are now much easier.

Now there are a number of job sites dedicated to helping freelancers find work and stay busy. Freelance Work Exchange, for example, brings you hundreds of fresh freelance jobs like these:

Write for Discussion Boards: $1200 per week, plus bonus
A writer is needed for an ongoing writing project. You will need to write copy to stimulate others into joining the discussion board. The writer needs to actively encourage regular and meaningful debate on the relevant discussion board, with some moderating of the content. You must have solid writing skills and good ideas.

Administer a Web Business from Home: $4000 per month
A successful e-commerce venture is seeking a part-time virtual assistant to act as a home-based office manager. You will deal with email correspondence, update site content and deal with general admin issues. You should have your own computer and Internet access.

Transcribe Author's Notes: $80 per hour, flexible working
A publishing company is seeking a freelance with an eye for detail to transcribe authors' notes and recordings for a range of ongoing projects. You must have a good grasp of English, be able to edit content into readable form, and be able to submit work from home by email.

You can sign up for a trial subscription for just $2.95, and get instant access to all the projects in the jobs database. So if you would like to get started on the road to freelance success right now, click here to sign up today.